I was raised on the Yorkshire Wolds but am now rooted on the edge of the Peak District between Derby and Nottingham. After completing a PhD in multimedia technologies I had a long career in business, forming two companies and delivering digital learning to help change the behaviour of employees for the better. I’ve always had a passion for creativity but this was so often quashed by the constraints of the corporate world.
I have now broken free to pursue my lifelong interest for making art and I’m part way through a Fine Art degree at Nottingham College. This has opened up new avenues of creative expression which stimulate me every day.
As an artist I draw, paint, photograph and create installations but I continue to find new techniques that inspire me. I find most of my inspiration in the hills and wilderness of nature and I’m passionate about maintaining biodiversity for the benefit of the human condition. My CV is available here. I hope you enjoy my work and please visit my sites below to connect with me and for more information.
Exhibitions & Competitions
- 2020 Selected artist| Ferens Open Exhibition 2020, Hull
- 2019 Selected photographer | Living Photography Exhibition, Leeds
- 2019 Selected artist | THiNK Summer Open Exhibition, Nottingham
- 2019 Selected photographer | URBAN 2019 Photo Awards
- 2019 Selected artist | Wirksworth Art Trail, Derbyshire
- 2019 Raised Beds project | Djanogly Art Gallery, Nottingham
- 2018 Selected artist | Wirksworth Art Trail, Derbyshire
- 2017 Final Show | Nottingham College, Nottingham
- 2019 Commissioned graffiti artwork | Private collector
- 2018 Commissioned drawing | Nottingham College
- Branch member | Creative Mornings, Derby
- Stoney Angel Artists | Local art cooperative, founding member